Basmati Rice : 500 gm.
Vegetables : 1 cup [Carrot & green beans(finely chopped), Green peas]
Raisins: 1/2 cup Cinnamon: 2(1") pieces
Cashews: 12-14 nos. Onion: 1 (medium)
Bay leaves: 2
Cardamom: 3-4 Cloves: 4-5
Salt to taste Sugar: 3 tbsp.
Ginger paste: 2 tsp.(teaspoon)
Black Pepper powder: 1 tsp.(optional)
Oil: 2 tablespoon [Olive oil or Vegetable oil]
1. Wash the rice and cook in enough water until 3/4
done. Do not overcook.
2. Heat oil & ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel.
Saute vegetables in there until they are tender.
3. In the same oil, add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon,
cardamom. Wait till they crackle, then add onions
and ginger paste. Add cashews and raisins and fry
with onions for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add the cooked rice, fried vegetables, green
peas, salt and sugar. Mix everything together and
season with black pepper powder.
5. Keep stirring in low flame for about 4-5 minutes.
Pulao is ready to serve.