Posted by M Rahman Mon, September 01, 2014 16:59:52
Posted by M Rahman Thu, July 18, 2013 12:50:09
Thank you for having our organic + local Veg Box. We’re going to STOP our organic veg box temporary due to having a break while most of our customers going away, therefore NO veg box on 25th of July to 29th of August. We’ll resume the box on 12th of Sept 2013.
Posted by M Rahman Thu, June 20, 2013 11:50:55
Posted by M Rahman Wed, June 19, 2013 20:36:54
Posted by M Rahman Tue, May 21, 2013 18:55:15
2. White Grapes
5. Cos Lettuce
6. Carrots Bunched
7. summer Cabbage *
9. Broccoli * (not available) /Spring Green
10. Vine Tomatoes
12. Radish (Red)
13. Chinese leaf
1. Tomatoes (Vine)
2. Water Melon
5. Yellow Melons
7. Spring Greens*
8. Strawberries (English)
9. Carrots (Bunch)
11. Lettuce *List of veg + fruit for 27.06.13
4. Globe Artichoke Purple
6. White Cabbage
7. Tomato Cherry
8. Pear Packham
9. Cress (purple)
Posted by M Rahman Tue, May 07, 2013 12:40:45
4. Lettuce Little Gem
5. Strawberries Candonga
6. Oranges Valenciate
7. Red Pointed Cabbages
9. Pineapple * /Carrots
10. Purple Sprouted Broccoli *
List of Veg + fruit for 16.05.13
1. Golden Apple
4. Mixed Salads
7. Pumpkin Butternut
8. Vine Tomatoes
9. Avocado Fuerte
10. Purple Sprouted Broccoli/Broccoli *
11. Onions/Spring Greens*
List of veg & Fruit for 23.05.13
2. White Cabbage
4. Kohl Rabi
7. Lettuce Midi Cos
8. Watermelon Mini * (Not available)
Posted by M Rahman Sun, May 05, 2013 12:43:06
Collection from plant sales on 04.05.2013 for Bangladesh.
£2 Coins £ 11.00
£1 Coins £ 99.00
0.50p £ 21.50
0.20p £ 15.00
0.10p £ 7.00
0.05p £ 2.00
2p & 1p £ 2.00
Total = £527.50
Added= £ 11.00 (11.05.13)
Total= £ 538.50
Thanks to ALL of our customers, who helped us to raised money for Savar Injured at Dhaka, Bangaldesh.
We'll publish the update here... ... ...
Posted by M Rahman Mon, April 29, 2013 16:02:56
Posted by M Rahman Sat, April 27, 2013 18:17:14
Urgent HELP Needed... ... ...
for Garments Worker at Savar, Bangaldesh
Note: Donation box at the shop. (D. Asgar Hossian is Mr Rahman's teacher, who will distribute the money direct to the casualty or their family, Our plan to buy some cows or sewing machines and distribute to the casualty rather than giving the cash money, By doing this way we may hope it will be life-time help for the family. We're individual try to help those who need.)
Updates: 397 Dead, 949 to rescue -29.04.13
Updates: 352 dead, 2426 rescued-FNS, 28.04.13
Posted by M Rahman Thu, April 25, 2013 13:59:30
Round Dudhi is a type of squash with light green skin and white flesh.
RECIPE No- 1: Round Dudhi (Indian Squash) & Potatoes simmered in tangy Tomato Gravy
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 mins
1 medium Round Dudhi, peeled, deseeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
2 medium Potatoes, peeled and diced to 1 inch cubes
1 large Onion, finely chopped
1 can chopped Tomato/3 large Tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 inch Ginger, finely chopped
2-3 Garlic Cloves, finely sliced
1-2 tbsp Sambar Powder (adjust acc to taste) [Substitute :1½ tsp Garam Masala.]
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Chilli Powder (Adjust acc to taste)
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Tamarind Paste
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Dry Red Chilli, halved
¼ tsp Asafoetida
Few Curry Leaves
1 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard seeds. When it starts to pop and splutter add cumin seeds, dry red chilli, hing and curry leaves. Sauté on medium flame till cumin turns light brown.
- Now add finely chopped onion, ginger and garlic and sauté till onion turns light golden brown, about 3 mins.
- Mix in sambar powder and sauté it for 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till it turns pulpy, about 3 mins.
- Add 3-4 cups of water, turmeric powder, Brown Sugar, chilli powder and tamarind paste. Increase the heat and bring the water to boil, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in cubed potatoes and Round Dudhi and reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for about 12-15 minutes or 2 whistles till the vegetables are cooked to tender.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and mix in finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve it hot with Naan, Chapatti or steamed Rice and enjoy. It tastes better the next day.
- Replace Round Dudhi with Courgette or Yellow Cucumber or any other Squash for different taste.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker, make sure that you use cooked potatoes instead of directly adding raw one as cooked ones will reduce the time in cooking. And also make sure you chop the vegetables to bite sized pieces for fast cooking.
RECIPE NO-2: Dudhi With Channa Daal
Prep Time: 1 hour (includes soaking time)
Cooking Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
Round Dudhi – 1 medium, peeled & cubed
Channa Daal (Split) – 1 cup, washed and soaked for 1 hour
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asofoetida (hing) – pinch
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilies – to taste
Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
Garlic – 3 cloves, roughly chopped
Water – 1/2 cup
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Salt – to taste
Brown Sugar – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Tamarind Paste – 1/2 tsp or to taste
1. Heat Oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
3. Add Asofoetida, Turmeric Powder, Ginger, Green Chilies, Garlic and stir.
4. Add Water and soaked, drained Channa Daal.
5. Add Round Dudhi. Mix.
6. Add Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Salt, Brown Sugar and Tamarind Paste. Mix well and close cooker lid.
7. Cook until pressure cooker whistles one time and switch off stove.
8. Wait until pressure goes down completely to open the lid.
9. If you prefer more gravy, add a little more water and bring to a boil. Also, adjust salt and other spices at this time.
10. Serve hot with chapati or roti.